Finding a one stop solution for charging your devices on a trek is not easy. Not all devices are compatible when it comes to charging. Carrying extra batteries for each device can be frustrating. Spare Batteries are expensive. They also tend to discharge fast on treks.
Luckily Anker Astro Pro2 Power bank gives us hope. The second generation Powerbank may as well be what Outdoor enthusiasts are looking for. We give out 5 reasons why Anker Astro Pro2 is an expedition worthy power bank for Trekkers.
1. Anker Astro Pro 2 has all the power you need to last you on a long Himalayan Trek. It comes with a whopping 20,000 MAH battery. This means you can charge an Apple IPAD more than three times. Or a Smartphone over six to seven times.
2. Anker Astro Pro 2 has a smart three port charging system that can charge multiple devices faster. The smart port technology detects the connected device and decides the best charging option. The result is faster charging up to three devices. The high-speed charge achieved of 3 Amps DC output is impressive. Further, there are 9/12 Volt ports that have a charging speed of 4.5 amps. The LCD display unit shows the remaining power, output, input and voltage selection statistics.
3. Believe it or not, you can charge your expensive DSLR Cameras with this unit. This comes as a life saver for Photographers, Videographers. Anker Astro Pro 2 with its multi-voltage port gives the option to apply a smart hack. You will need a ‘Dummy Battery pack coupler’ as a medium. This battery pack assembly is available for Canon and Nikon DSLR models.
4. Anker Astro Pro 2 is well suited for the outdoors. A superior aluminum body construction ensures it can withstand occasional drops or bumps. It weighs around 830 gram which is decent for a power bank of this class.
5. Anker Astro Pro 2 smart battery management system works well at higher altitude. It has 10 to 20 percent less battery drain when compared with regular power banks. This is useful for trekkers as every unit counts.
The power needs of devices used on treks is an important consideration. Devices like smartphones, GPS Handset, Camera’s, Portable action video cameras have different power needs. Luckily, Anker Astro Pro series comes as a viable option.
We appreciate its smart charging capabilities. Further, the option to charge DSLR Camera’s makes it a game changer. For those who are looking for Laptop charging capabilities can opt for a 19 Volt model.
We are willing to ignore its weight for its features. It comes out a true expedition worthy power bank.
Lead & Second Picture: Androidpolice.com